June 24, 2018

Body found in Heard County believed to be missing 22-year-old

(Franklin, GA) — Authorities say a deceased body located earlier today in Heard County is believed to be that of a missing 22-year-old man, Austin Cole Scarborough.

The body was located in a wooded area near Scarborough’s home at 778 Cherry Road near HWY 34 a few miles east of Franklin.

Austin Cole Scarborough

Austin Cole Scarborough

Family and friends of Austin located the body after organizing a small group to search the area this morning.

According to Heard County investigator Deborah Williamson, the call came in to Heard County dispatch at around 10:00 AM today.

Investigators do not suspect foul play in the death, but are withholding further details pending the results of further investigation and an autopsy by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab.

Scarborough had not been officially seen or heard from since he walked away from his home on Thursday, June 30.

The missing man’s emotional father Billy Scarborough declined to comment publicly but did say the family is already working to raise money for a funeral.

Family members have set up a gofundme page to help raise money for those funeral expenses.

“My brother had been missing for two weeks. We finally found him — unfortunately it’s not the way we had hoped to find him,” said his sister Nicole Loveless today. “Austin leaves behind a 1-year-old son who will have to go through life without a father, and he has left his family with a lot of unexpected costs because he did not have life insurance. If anyone can find it in their hearts to help with his burial please donate. If you can’t donate please pray for us.”

Stay tuned to HeardCitizen.com for further information as it is released.

Comments

1. I am so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, my prayers are with the family. R.I.P. Austin

2. Mellenese Anderson says:

You’re in my prayer’s!

3. Brittany says:

Prayers for his family!

4. debbie plaza says:

prayers to his family

5. Mart Hyatt says:

Very sad news. Prayers to the family and friends. Losing a child is the worst.

6. Jeralee Daniel says:

So very sorry for your loss, Austin was a sweetheart, I remember our last conversation, it was about him asking me to have prayer for his mom at our church. He will surly be missed but God is a great hearler of broken hearts….. my prayers to the entire family!

7. Tina Echols says:

My heart breaks for the tragic loss of such a loved young man just starting his life. You will forever be in our Hearts.

8. My heart is broken for yall I’m in such disbelief prayers

9. Paul Spurling says:

So sorry to hear this.May God strengthen y’all This trying time….

10. Tammy Kennedy says:

I’m so very sorry for your heartache.

11. Prayers for the family so sorry for ur loss

12. Prayers for the Family Double Prayers for his Little boy to be able to over come this hard world to live in with out his Dad
    We all know the struggles you will be facing in the days ahead and years of bringing up this little one as a Community i ask we all come together and get this family anything they may need for the baby God Bless Yall

13. OH my I am so very sorry about this Billy I had no idea until today when I was looking you up on Facebook and I saw what had happened I hope that you all have gotten some kind of closure you can call me sometimes if you’d like to or hit me on Facebook and I can give you my number I love you man. Till we meet again my brother. Sure do miss Brenda. God’s knows she fought a hard life. Prayers for you and your family.