October 19, 2018

HCHS student fighting for life after car accident

(Franklin, GA) — A Heard County high school student is fighting for his life at Atlanta Medical Center following a single-vehicle crash this morning on HWY 34 just east of Franklin.

Heard High junior Ryan Tatom

16-year-old Ryan Tatom, an HCHS junior, is currently on life support at Atlanta Medical Center due to severe head trauma suffered during the crash.

His dad is asking for continued prayers for his son and for his family.

“Ryan has severe brain trauma and the next 48-72 hours are extremely critical. Right now the doctors aren’t positive with their news, but God has blessed us before. We ask that everyone please continue to remember us and Ryan in your thoughts and prayers,” said Chuck Tatom Tuesday evening.

Sgt. Katie Thompson with the Georgia State Patrol says it is unclear what caused Tatom’s Toyota Camry to initially leave the roadway but it appears the vehicle left the right shoulder of the roadway and over-corrected while traveling eastbound on HWY 34 near the intersection of Enon Grove Road.

The vehicle then crossed over the roadway and onto the left shoulder of the highway before crashing passenger side first into a tree at around 9:30 AM Tuesday morning.

The junior is a very popular Heard High student and a member of the Braves tennis team.

“Ryan is a great kid. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and the Tatom family during this unbelievably tough time,” HCHS Principal Brent Tisdale said Tuesday.

Stay tuned to HeardCitizen.com for further information and updates as they become available.

Comments

1. This is heartbreaking. Many prayers for Ryan and the entire Tatom family

2. Bre nda King says:

Prayers for Ryan and family

3. Praying for healing for this child and his family. Lord be with them

4. Victoria Collins says:

My mom is the one that saw his car initially and stopped. Called 911 and stopped a couple people from trying to get him out of the car since that could have hurt him worse. She stayed with him and talked to him even though he was unconscious.

• Carol Boshell says:

Tell your Mother Thank You. Ryan is my great-nephew and a wonderful young man. We are praying.

• Victoria Collins says:

I will let her know. I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences and love to your family at this time of hardship and loss.

• Prayers for your mom Victoria, I can not imagine her being so strong for him at that moment. Thank God she stopped and did not let him be moved. I am praying for him and his family.

• Victoria Collins says:

Her and my prayers are with Ryan’s family during this time of loss and hardship. I can’t imagine what they’re going through right now.

• Your
      mom is amazing. That is the son of my old coworker.

• Victoria Collins says:

Thank you. I am so sorry Ryan didn’t make it. My prayers and love are with the family during this time of loss.

5. Tracey Smith says:

Sending prayers!!

6. God i dont know these people, but you do and i pray you please take your healing hands and touch this family touch Ryans body to come back to full recovery soon Lord we pray. AMEN

7. Prayers sent

8. Brenda N. Freeman says:

Praying

9. Angela and Dean starling says:

Lord we ask that you touch Ryan and his family in JESUS name AMEN

10. Cindy elmendorf says:

Praying for him and his family…

11. Marie goddard says:

My heart goes out to you all.lord you know I stood in theee shoes with my son please help Ryan and make him whole again take away the pain restore the damage touch Ryan with all your grace Jesus take the wheel . Praying for you tatom family

12. Praying for you and your family for fast recovery and healing….AMEN

13. Lorie Harrison says:

So sorry to hear about this prayers for Ryan and his family and friends

14. Prayers are being lifted up for this precious young man

15. Patty Snider says:

Bless this young man and his family πŸ™

16. Praying for God’s healing.

17. Shirley Stapp Davis says:

Praying for him and his family

18. Enzo Dante' says:

Praying for your recovery Ryan!!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

19. Tonya Mccurry says:

My prayers are going up for your son and your family! May god give him the strenght he needs to fight this and may god give his family the strength to keep faith

20. Prayers

21. Praying

22. Laura Hopkin says:

Praying hard for this young man may God give him the stength to live and help his family during this difficult time !

23. Bonnie Collier says:

Prayers going up for Ryan and his family. May the Lord wrap His loving arms around each of them and heal Ryan as only He can do.

24. My God Touch this young man and heal him….my prayers go out to all..I dont know him but feel for his familyπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

25. Gail Quattlebaum says:

Prayers for Ryan and his family and friends! God is in the miracle business! I pray he sends one Ryan’s way!

26. Will be praying

27. Kay Robnett says:

We are praying for Ryan Tatom in Cordova, Alabama (for God to touch him and heal him), while covering his precious family and friends in comfort and strengthened faith. I pray if anyone reading this is not a believer, that they will become one. I am…and I was healed two years ago when I should’ve died of a ruptured brain aneurysm. I was in a coma for a couple weeks and so many believer’s were praying for me. God needed me here or I wouldn’t have made it! We are praying this for Ryan!πŸ™β€ Loving him from Cordova, Alabama!

28. Sharon Head says:

Thoughts and prayers

29. Aretha Jones says:

I’m praying for ur son n his family’s,,please God take care of this young man n Jesus name think u Jesus AMEN

30. Prayers for you And your family. God is the ultimate healer. God bless you.

31. Sandra Spain says:

Praying for Ryan and the family. May God heal him quickly.

32. Lord i pray that you put your hands on Ryan and protect him only you can heal this young. I pray for strength Lord for this family as they wait patiently for healing power in Jesus name Amen

33. Prayers lifted for Ryan for complete healing,for the parents and family members strength and comfort.

34. Alicia Lewis says:

Praying for this young man and his family

35. Praying for Ryan and his family…God does perform miracles.

36. Prayers for Coach Tatom and his wife and family it bring so many memories 5 years ago this time we were burying another heard high student so he was welcomed with open arms in heaven God bless you Ryan and R.I.P Austin

37. Vicki Van Wie-Findlay says:

Prayers up

38. Alissa quintero says:

Praying

39. Prayers for Ryan and family

40. Prayers for the family. God is with you always.

41. Martha Southerland says:

My prays are with you and your family