December 2, 2020

Church benefit for 10-year-old with rare brain tumor

(Whitesburg, GA) — A benefit singing will be held this Saturday, October 24 for Trenton Spann and family.

Trenton is a 10-year-old boy that was diagnosed with a Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma on June 14th, 2015. He had a craniotomy on June 18th, 2015, and they were able to remove 85% of the tumor, the other 15% is attached to his brain stem.

Following surgery he has to do 12-18 months of Chemotherapy. He is also in ongoing Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Occupational therapy due to some paralysis on his left side. His mother had to quit her job to take care of him and two younger children.

They travel to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta from 2-4 times per week for appointments and therapy.

Pleasant Hill Baptist Church of Franklin is hosting this event in Whitesburg which will feature singing, BBQ, faith, love, family and friendship!

The benefit will start at 2:00 p.m. at 356 Main Street in Whitesburg (beside BP station in a tent).

Singers will be: Gods Grace, Guiding Light, Matt Shelton, Randy & Annette Wright, and Grace Abound.

Benefit WHitesburg

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: