September 23, 2014

Fire destroys mobile home

Heard County firefighters make entry into the structure to extinguish the fire.

Heard County firefighters make entry into the structure to extinguish the fire.

(Franklin, GA) – At 11:25 a.m. Monday, the Heard County Fire and Emergency Services were dispatched to a structure fire at Davis Mobile Home Park located at 9291 Georgia Hwy 34.

On arrival, fire units discovered the manufactured home located at Lot #4 was fully involved.

Firefighters were able to make entry and control the blaze. However, there was substantial damage to the home and the contents were completely destroyed.

The occupants of the structure, Wayne and Veronica Payne, were home at the time of the fire with one of their children. All family members were able to escape the fire without injury.

The family was referred to the American Red Cross for assistance. The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction of the structure wiring.

Press Release provided by Chief Scott Blue with the Heard County Fire and Emergency Services.

Comments

  1. So that’s what the sirens were all about yesterday…

  2. thats my brothers gf sister…he told us about it when he got home the day it happened

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: