September 20, 2019

Overnight accident claims life of Franklin woman

(Franklin, GA) — A single-vehicle accident near the Chattahoochee River claimed the life of a Franklin woman overnight.

Alicia Eubanks

According to a report by Georgia State Trooper Chris Davison the driver of a 2014 Honda Civic, 39-year-old Alicia Nicole Eubanks of Franklin, was pronounced dead at the scene near HWY 34 just east of downtown Franklin.

HWY 34 was shut down in both directions Friday morning for several hours as public safety workers and authorities investigated the scene.

Trooper Davison says the cause of the accident is still under investigation, but it is believed that Eubanks’ vehicle was traveling westbound on 34 towards Franklin and just east of the new Chattahoochee Bridge when the crash occurred.

The exact time of the accident is unknown but is believed to have occurred sometime in the vicinity of 3:00 AM early Friday morning.

For unknown reasons, the Honda Civic traveled off the north side of the roadway striking a sign, guard rail, and several trees before overturning and coming to rest partially while submerged in a creek.

Stay tuned to HeardCitizen.com for further information and funeral arrangements as they become available.

Comments

1. Mark messet says

So sad my thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family

2. My heart is broken. One of the sweetest people in the world.

3. Robbie Goss says

So very sorry to hear this sad news our hearts and prayers are with the family !!!!

4. Prayers for all 🙏🏻 So sad

5. Don’t know her but praying for the family

6. Kay Hemmings says

Prayers too all

7. Daphney Hall says

God bless all the family. This breaks my heart 💔
    Looking for the day when there will be no more death.

Daphney Hall

8. Natalie brown says

My condolences

9. Anthony and SC Family says

Our family is in shock, and our heart greaves for her, the kids, her husband, and her mother. Yet Still, we are grateful that GOD sent her our way and we celebrate her life, her gift of love, and her generosity if spirit. She will be greatly missed. LOVE… Her Family in SC

10. Sheila swint says

So sorry to hear that she was a sweet person.she was my neighbor when we lived in Franklin Oaks Apartment praying for the family

11. So sad! Prayers for her family.

12. Barbara White says

My deepest condolences to the Family!

13. John Williams says

One of the nicest people I’ve ever known

14. Sandra Starr says

Love and Prayer’s for this Lovely Young Woman’s Family!I am so sorry for Your loss!

15. Brenda Poole says

My condolences to the Eubank family.

• Cynthia McDuffie says

My Condolences to this family, may ur hearts be fill with joyful memory of such a very special lady.

16. tommy caito says

hard working person we work together in 90s at hardees going to miss her prayers for her family

17. Alicia you will be missed by many. My prayer is Lord you comfort and strengthen the family in this hard time. In due time give them understanding. Let the cherish the good times they had with her.

18. Tesia McCormick says

To the Family of Alicia, I am so Very Sorry. I have known Alicia for many years,, always saw her at school, when we were going to Open House or Awards Day, Always doing something with her Much Loved Children, She & Her Husband Most of the time. She was ALWAYS SO VERY SWEET & ALWAYS HAD A BEAUTIFUL SMILE. My heart breaks for her husband & children & all her relatives & friends. What a Tremendous Loss. But also what a Tremendous Blessing to have know her. To her family, May God Bless & Comfort Each Of You. May God Hold Each Of You With His Loving Arms Around You To Carry You Through This Very Difficult Time, May He Give You Peace & Understanding & May You Always Have Her In Your Heart & Remember Her With Love & Pride. Tesia McCormick

19. Tikina Garland says

I had the pleasure of working with Alicia at Lagrange College and she was always very pleasant, heartwarming, and kind. She was a great mother and friend… From the moment we met were were friends forever… I will truly miss her.. I moved back to Illinois last year, but we stayed in contact…I recently spoke with her on Mother’s Day, and she as always was trying to get me to move back to Georgia. We were planning a trip this summer.. I am so sad… My prayers are with the family..

20. Robert Huey says

She was one of the good people. I am so sorry. Prayers to her loved ones.

21. This is so sad. She was always so bright and cheerful.
    My prayers for her family and friends.