December 8, 2021

Unanswered questions after 24-year-old allegedly assaulted by several men

(Franklin, GA) — Local authorities seem to be left with more questions than answers following a 911 call on Friday, March 22 about a possible gunshot victim.

Franklin Police Department Officers were dispatched to Rutledge Cafe at 130 Mary Johnson Drive after receiving a call in reference to a black male that had presumably been shot in the head.

Upon arrival at the scene FPD Investigator Tino Brooks and Officer Tim Rowley spoke with the victim, 24-year-old Jaquaivus Deishon Brewer.

Brewer was unsure what had actually happened to him and stated that all he could remember was walking down the road and getting up with a head injury. He had been picked up and given a ride to the Cafe by a woman on her way to work.

Heard County Emergency Services arrived a short time later and unable to determine if the wound was a gunshot wound or blunt-force trauma, decided to airlift Brewer to Grady Hospital in Atlanta for precautionary reasons.

After interviewing witnesses it was determined by investigators that Brewer had allegedly been attacked at the Breezeway Apartment Complex located at 11373 Highway 34, about one mile from the Cafe.

A female witness stated that Brewer had stopped by and asked to rest on the floor of her apartment because he was tired. She stated that she soon answered her door to find approximately eight unknown males standing outside and looking for Brewer. The woman told the men that Brewer had already left and then asked Brewer to leave her apartment.

The female stated that when Brewer left her apartment the men returned and began to beat Brewer in the parking lot. She went on to state that she along with her boyfriend became scared and fled the scene.

According to her statement when she and her boyfriend later returned to the complex, Brewer and the unidentified males were all gone. She proceeded to show investigators the bloody area in the parking lot where the alleged assault took place.

Jaquaivus Brewer was released from Grady earlier this week and as of yesterday, Investigator Brooks has been unable to locate him in order to gather more information. The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: